3rd Annual Creative Sewing Textile Arts Scholarship
The Creative Sewing and Textile Arts non-profit is providing you notice of a least one grant opportunity for a senior studying textile arts/fashion design at your institution. The projected grant awarded during 2019 will be cash of up to $1,000 as well as a Babylock sewing machine, model Lyric, retail value not to exceed $2,199. We reserve the right to change machine models for reasons beyond our control.
- • U.S. Citizen or resident.
- • Junior or Senior in good standing enrolled in a four-year college/university.
- • Declared major in textile field of study.
- • Minimum 3.0 in core classes.
- • Provide five photos of completed textile projects.
- • Attach two letters of recommendation.
- • Attach essay: 1000 words or less – where do you see yourself in five years?
- • Recipient must be available to attend the annual banquet, April 6, 2019.
- • Applicant must be available to video conference an interview March 6, 2019. Winner(s) will be announced when all interviews are complete.
- • Winner(s) should be prepared to speak for up to 5 minutes at the award ceremony. During the award ceremony winner(s) should bring at least 1, up to all 5 of the projects submitted during the application process.
- • Winner(s) will need to provide a short (100 word) bio and a sign release for promotional purposes to have pictures and their name on our website list of winners.
- • Finalists will be interviewed via Skype/FaceTime
Wednesday, February 13
White Corners: Financial Aid: Scholarships
4201 Henry Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19144