3rd Annual Creative Sewing Textile Arts Scholarship
The Creative Sewing and Textile Arts non-profit is providing you notice of a least one grant opportunity for a senior studying textile arts/fashion design at your institution. The projected grant awarded during 2019 will be cash of up to $1,000 as well as a Babylock sewing machine, model Lyric, retail value not to exceed $2,199. We reserve the right to change machine models for reasons beyond our control.
- • U.S. Citizen or resident.
- • Junior or Senior in good standing enrolled in a four-year college/university.
- • Declared major in textile field of study.
- • Minimum 3.0 in core classes.
- • Provide five photos of completed textile projects.
- • Attach two letters of recommendation.
- • Attach essay: 1000 words or less – where do you see yourself in five years?
- • Recipient must be available to attend the annual banquet, April 6, 2019.
- • Applicant must be available to video conference an interview March 6, 2019. Winner(s) will be announced when all interviews are complete.
- • Winner(s) should be prepared to speak for up to 5 minutes at the award ceremony. During the award ceremony winner(s) should bring at least 1, up to all 5 of the projects submitted during the application process.
- • Winner(s) will need to provide a short (100 word) bio and a sign release for promotional purposes to have pictures and their name on our website list of winners.
- • Finalists will be interviewed via Skype/FaceTime
Saturday, November 17
More dates through February 13, 2019
Sunday, November 18
Monday, November 19
Tuesday, November 20
Wednesday, November 21
Thursday, November 22
Friday, November 23
Saturday, November 24
Sunday, November 25
Monday, November 26
Tuesday, November 27
White Corners: Financial Aid: Scholarships
4201 Henry Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19144