Scholarship Sponsored by Associated General Contractors of America
In 2015, the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) and its Build Your Future initiative made a generous contribution to help fund the first Workforce Development scholarships for students pursuing craft and technical programs, allowing 19 applicants to receive the inaugural scholarships.
The criteria to apply for this scholarship outlines eligibility. Applications for 2021 will be accepted starting March 1st until June 1st.
1. Applicant can be anyone who is planning to attend a technical school or approved craft training program in any discipline of construction, including a high school senior, military member, or postsecondary student.
2. Applicant MUST desire a career in the construction industry.
3. Applicant can be a full-time student or part-time student.
4. Applicant MUST be enrolled or intend to enroll in an approved accredited program. Approved programs include:
a) ABET accredited
b) ACCE (accredited or non-degree recognized)
c) COE accredited
d) ANSI accredited
e) IACET accredited
f) NCCER accredited
g) Registered Apprenticeship program (federal or state registered)
h) Other programs as approved by the Foundation
5. Applicant MUST pursue degree, certificate or credential in a construction discipline or construction-related studies/programs.
6. Applicant MUST be a U. S. citizen or documented permanent resident of the United States (i.e. must possess a "permanent resident" card).
Applicant is responsible for ensuring that all the following items are submitted within the application period, March 1 – June 1 of current year.
1. Completed online application.
2. Evaluation form completed (online) by instructor or employer (supervisor).
3. Official or unofficial transcript of most recent grades. Unofficial transcripts are accepted if they clearly indicate the institution and student's name. Text versions cut and pasted from the school's web site ARE NOT acceptable.
Incomplete application packages will NOT be considered.
1. Scholarships are for a maximum of $1,000 per student per year and may be renewable if certain criteria are met as outlined below.
2. Applications will be reviewed and recipients selected by the AGC Education and Research Foundation.
3. Scholarship recipients will be notified in August of the application year and award(s) will be announced on the AGC Foundation website.
4. Checks will be sent directly to recipients in late September. Checks will NOT be sent to the recipients' educational facility.
5. To be considered for renewal annual award installments, the scholarship recipient is required to provide indication of continued enrollment and good standing (min. 2.5 GPA or equivalent). Grade transcripts and upcoming class schedules MUST be forwarded at the conclusion of each academic period. Recipients will not be reminded to provide this information; failure to do so will result in non-renewal of scholarship award.
6. Recipients are encouraged to seek employment in construction if they are not currently employed.
Tuesday, June 1, 2021
White Corners: Financial Aid: Scholarships
4201 Henry Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19144