Government Finance Officers Association Scholarships
GFOA provides several scholarship opportunities for students interested in pursuing a career in state/provincial or local government finance. Encouraging and supporting educational opportunities for future government finance officers are integral to our mission of promoting best practices in local government.
Scholarship Application for 2020 Now Open!
Applications due Monday, January 6, 2020
Eligibility for scholarship awards:
- Citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada
- Plan to pursue a career in state/provincial or local government finance
- Student has not been a past winner of a GFOA scholarship.
- Additional criteria for each individual scholarship found with the links below.
GFOA evaluates all scholarship applications according to the following criteria:
- Career plans in state/provincial and local government finance
- Past academic record and work experience
- Strength of coursework and demonstrated connection between coursework and career goals
- Letter of recommendation (Please address all letters to the GFOA Scholarship Committee)
For more information regarding GFOA’s scholarships, please contact Genevieve Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday, January 6, 2020
White Corners: Financial Aid: Scholarships
4201 Henry Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19144