Nuts, Bolts and Thingamajigs Scholarship
- Submit an online application.
- Submit an official high school or college transcript from the school where you last completed a semester. For grade verification, official transcripts must be sent by the educational institution(s) you last attend(ed) or requested through an electronic transcript service such as Parchment or National Student Clearinghouse. Only transcripts received electronically or postmarked by the application deadline will be accepted. Submit transcripts via mail to Nuts, Bolts & Thingamajigs, 2135 Point Boulevard, Elgin, IL 60123. Please allow ample time for delivery.
- Application review and scholarship award decisions will take place in October/November for spring terms and in April/May for fall terms.
Scholarship Recipient Requirements
- You must reply to the email award notification to accept your award and verify your email address.
- Submit a photo and a signed photo release form.
- Submit contact information for your local media outlets.
- You must complete the process to start your one-year complimentary Student membership ($25 value) of the Fabricators & Manufacturers Association, Intl. (FMA), if not already a member.
- You must notify NBT if you wish to receive a 365-day license for the student version of SolidWorks™ CAD Software.
Scholarship Program Guidelines
- Annual award amounts and the number of scholarships available will be determined by the NBT Board of Directors. The NBT board may create new scholarship categories and/or revise the approved fields of study at its discretion.
- Completed and eligible applications are evaluated by a committee of scholarship reviewers comprised of volunteer members, donors, and partners from the manufacturing industry.
- Scholarship award funds will be sent directly to the financial aid department of the school the applicant will attend only. Award checks will not be mailed to applicants, parents of applicants, or to faculty departments (e.g., Engineering, Welding, Mfg Technology, etc.).
- A scholarship award may be used to defray the cost of tuition, books (when purchased through college store) and school fees. Required educational equipment or tools may also be covered, but only if they are available for purchase directly through the college store. Awards cannot be used for housing, meals, or specialty clothing — nor can scholarship funding be held for use beyond the school year in which awarded.
- Scholarship winners are responsible for advising NBT of any change in mailing address, phone number, or email address. Send notifications to email@example.com or call (815) 399-8700.
- NBT will retain records pertaining to receipt of donations to the scholarship fund and disbursement and use of scholarship funds.
- Staff, directors, and officers of FMA, FMAC, NBT, or members of the selection committees of NBT, as well as their children and relatives are ineligible.
- NBT will investigate any suspected misuse of funds and/or seek recovery of disbursed funds if misuse is determined. Recovered funds will be dedicated for charitable purposes.
Monday, September 30, 2019
White Corners: Financial Aid: Scholarships
4201 Henry Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19144