The Science, Mathematics, and Research for Transformation (SMART) Scholarship-for-Service Program
SMART Scholars are provided with the tools required to pursue their STEM education and begin their career in a prestigious civilian position with the Department of Defense (DoD).
- Full tuition and education related educational expenses (meal plans, housing, and parking not included)
- Stipend paid at a rate of $25,000 - $38,000 a year depending on degree level (may be prorated depending on award length)
- Summer research internships ranging from 8 to 12 weeks
- Health Insurance allowance of up to $1,200 per academic year
- Miscellaneous allowance of up to $1,000 per academic year
- An experience mentor at one of the Sponsoring Facilities
- Employment placement at a DoD facility upon degree completion.
SMART Scholars are among the most talented and innovative minds in STEM with a mission to support the United States and protect national security. Our scholars have the opportunity to be leading agents in their field and pursue their passions. Visit our Media Room for more literature on the SMART Program and our YouTube channel for more on SMART Scholars and their accomplishments.
Requirements to begin the SMART
- Applicants MUST be pursuing a technical degree in one of the 21 STEM disciplines. SMART will not fund any management or non-technical degrees. Discipline information may be found here.
- Applicants MUST be a student in good standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Further information may be found here.
- Applicants MUST be citizens of the United States, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, or United Kingdom at time of application.
Tuesday, December 1, 2020
White Corners: Financial Aid: Scholarships
4201 Henry Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19144